The courses, each with 5 ECTS credits from the first semester, are as follows:
- Polymers II (in German)
- Biofabrication (in English)
- Physical Chemistry of Supramolecular Structures (in German)
- Fundamentals of tissue engineering and quality management (in German)
Electives (two from the four below)
- Carrier materials for medicinal active ingredients (in German)
- Fundamentals of Supramolecular Chemistry (in German)
- Polymer materials 1: Technology of modifying polymer materials (in German)
- Microsystems for biological and medical applications (in German)
- BioFab Research Internship 1 (30 ECTS) (in Australia or Würzburg)
- BioFab Research Internship 2 (30 ECTS) (in Australia or Würzburg)
- Master Thesis Biofabrication (25 ECTS) (in Würzburg)
- Final Colloquium (5 ECTS)
Application and Approval
The Master's degree requires a degree in a bachelor's degree, with 80 ECTS credits from the fields of inorganic, organic and physical chemistry. Furthermore, 10 ECTS points are required in theoretical and practical fields of biofabrication (e.g. polymer science, rheology, materials science, mathematics, computer science, mechatronics, biochemistry or (molecular) cell biology). Participation in an interview process is compulsory. The provisional admission to the Master's degree can be granted if at least 150 ECTS credits are awarded in a corresponding bachelor's program.
If you have any questions about the required requirements, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For candidates with a degree from a non-German-speaking institution, proof of sufficient knowledge of German is required.
Please send your application documents including a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, certificates and proof of academic achievements to email@example.com.