Institute of Organic Chemistry
Jake Greenfield was born in 1993 in Bristol, England. He completed his undergraduate studies at Imperial College London (MSci in Chemistry, 2011-2015, under the supervision of Prof. Milo S. P. Shaffer, UK) and carried out a fully funded 5-month research stay at Georgia Institute of Technology (Atlanta, Georgia, USA in 2014, under the supervision of Prof. Christopher W. Jones).
Jake conducted his graduate studies at the University of Cambridge, under the supervision of Prof. Jonathan R. Nitschke (PhD in Chemistry, 2015-2019, Cambridge, UK). In 2019, he then returned to Imperial as a Research Associate to work with Prof. Matthew J. Fuchter. In 2022, Jake moved to Würzburg (DE) to work with Prof. Frank Würthner, initially as a Post-Doc, and then with an Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship. Shortly after this, in 2023, Jake started an independent research career with a Liebig Fellowship, funded by the Fonds der Chemischen Industrie and supported by Prof. Frank Würthner.
Jake is a big fan of specialty coffee and can often be found in the vicinity of a coffee machine...
Education and Experience
- Liebig Fellow at the Center for Nanosystems Chemistry, Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg, Würzburg (DE), from April 2023
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellow with Frank Würthner, Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg, Würzburg (DE), November 2022 - March 2023
- Postdoctoral Fellow with Frank Würthner, Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg, Würzburg (DE), July 2022 - October 2022
- Postdoctoral Fellow with Matthew J. Fuchter, (Funded by the Leverhulme Trust), Imperial College London, July 2019 - June 2022
- Doctoral Student with Jonathan R. Nitschke, Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge. PhD awarded February 2020
- Undergraduate Researcher (Funded) with Milo S. P. Shaffer, Imperial College London, Summer 2015
- Undergraduate Student, final year project with Milo S. P. Shaffer (MSci Degree, 1st Class with Honours and several departmental commendations, June 2015), Imperial College London, London, October 2011 - June 2015
- Undergraduate REU (Funded Stipend) Researcher at the Georgia Institute of Technology (GaTech) with Christopher W. Jones, Atlanta, Georgia (USA), Summer 2014
- Undergraduate Researcher (Funded) with John Seddon, Imperial College London, Summer 2013