M. Sc. Moritz Dechant (PhD Student)
Institut für Organische Chemie
Phone: +49 931 31 81343
Moritz Dechant studied chemistry (Master) at the Julius-Maximilians-Universität of Würzburg from April 2011 to Mai 2016. He wrote his Master thesis "Phthalocyanin-Sternmesogene und ihre Selbstorganisation in kolumnaren Mesophasen" at the Institute of Organic Chemistry in the working group of Prof. Dr. Lehmann.
Synthesis of shape-amphiphilic star mesogens.
- "Liquid Crystals from Shape-Persistent Porphyrin Stars with Intrinsic Free Space" T. Ghosh, L. Gerbig, M. Lambov, M. Dechant and M. Lehmann Journal of Materials Chemistry 2020 DOI: 10.1039/C9TC07086A
- "Click procedure of phthalocyanine star-shaped mesogens – the effect of size and spacer length" M. Lehmann and M. Dechant Liquid Crystals 2020 DOI: 10.1080/02678292.2020.1720329
- "Supramolecular click procedures in liquid crystals" M. Lehmann, M. Dechant, L. Gerbig and M. Baumann, Liquid Crystals 2019 DOI: 10.1080/02678292.2019.1618936
- "Free Space in Liquid Crystals - Molecular Design, Generation, and Usage" M. Lehmann, M. Dechant, M. Lambov and T. Ghosh, Acc. Chem. Res. 2019, 52, 1653-1664. DOI: 10.1021/acs.accounts.9b00078
- "Fullerene-Filled Stilbene Stars: The Balance between Isolated C60 Helices and 3D Networks in Liquid Crystal Self-Assemblies" M. Lehmann, M. Dechant, M. Hügel, N. Scheuring, T. Ghosh, Chem. Eur. J. 2019 , 25, 3352-3361. DOI: 10.1002/chem.201805606
- "Fullerene-Filled LC Stars – A Supramolecular “Click” Mechanism for the Generation of Tailored Donor- Acceptor Self-Assemblies" M. Lehmann, M. Dechant, M. Holzapfel, A. Schmiedel, C. Lambert, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2019, 58, 1-7. DOI: 10.1002/anie.201812465
Winning prize at the 14th European Conference on Liquid Crystals at Moscow for his poster with the title "Phthalocyanine Hybrid Star Mesogens - New Materials for potential photovoltaic applications".
Winning prize at the 45th German Liquid Crystal Conference in Luxembourg for his poster with the title "Donor-Acceptor Phthalocyanine-Dyads: The right complex nanostructure for organic photovoltaics?".
Winning prize at the 27th International Liquid Crystal Conference in Kyoto for his poster with the title "Phthalocyanine Star-mesogens – A Possible Efficient Photovoltaic LC Material?".